Charitable Remainder Unitrusts
How it works
You transfer cash, securities or other appreciated property into a trust.
The trust pays a percentage of the value of its principal, which is re-valued annually, to you or to beneficiaries you name.
When the trust terminates, the remainder passes to the American Cancer Society.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution to the unitrust.
- You pay no upfront capital gains tax on appreciated assets you donate.
- You or your designated beneficiaries receive income for life or a term of years.
- You can make additional gifts to the trust as your circumstances allow and qualify for additional tax deductions.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift that benefits you now and the American Cancer Society later.
For more information
Complete the personal illustration form, or call us at 1-800-227-1885 so that we can assist you and your financial advisor through every step of the process.